Victoria Park is Montreal’s leading urban retreat. In a single facility with inspiring design and stunning views of Mount Royal, Victoria Park integrates a world-class Medispa, a full service Spa, private Health Club, nutrition services, rehabilitation therapy and hair studio.
We are searching for a full time permanent Bookkeeper. With a bachelors degree in finance or accounting and a strong background in bookkeeping the ideal candidate has experience working within small and medium sized companies, you have the ability to multitask, are smart, hard working and tenacious. You are a team player and have an understanding of the entrepreneurial spirit!
Responsibilities will include:
Working on systems that have been developed to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures. Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions as well as reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy. Supervising Account Payable and receivables clerks and assisting in daily operations of the Accounting team.
- Preparing all internal Monthly financial statements
- Preparation of various analytical reports including monthly bank reconciliation, journal entries, accruals, adjusting entries
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Assist in implementing, documenting and maintaining adequate and effective processes to improve the month-end close and to ensure timely, accurate reporting and internal controls.
- Audit files
- GST and QST remittance
- Year end file preparation
- Participating in ongoing special projects
- Assist Director of Finance in all daily functions
- Payroll processing
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business with a strong focus on accounting practices
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant experience
- Strong organization, analytic and accounting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of professionalism and integrity
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Bilingual (French and English), written and spoken
Some of the advantages include working in a fun, dynamic and growing company, complimentary membership to the Victoria Park Health Club, Associate discounts on Victoria Park services and products and interesting work for multiple companies.
This is a full time position to start immediately. Benefits include Health Club membership, discount on wellness services, new associate welcome package, Health and Dental benefits.
For more information on Victoria Park please visit our website at www.vicpark.com. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to the attention of our Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in the position. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.